Louisiana Workforce Commission Grants
Grants for Louisiana Employers
IWTP Grant | SBET Grant
Incumbent Worker Training Program (IWTP) Grant
The Incumbent Worker Training Program (IWTP) Grant is designed to benefit businesses and industry by assisting in existing employees' skill development and increasing employee productivity and company growth through customized training. This is expected to result in the creation of new jobs, the retention of jobs that otherwise may have been eliminated, and an increase in wages for the trained workers.
To qualify you must:
Conduct Business in the state of Louisiana for a minimum of 3 years
Employ 15 or more employees
Pay Unemployment Insurance Tax quarterly to the state of Louisiana
For additional information on the program or to begin an application please contact Stephanie Sanders, Grant Administrator (318) 424-3866 ext. 216.
What type of training is usually covered under this grant?
This is training on technical or administrative procedures related to an organization’s core business (including computer/software administration, machine operation, safety procedures, and technical or certification preparation). Cyber Academy of Shreveport is an approved training provider under this grant.
Materials & Exams
Materials needed to conduct training sessions can be paid for by the grant. Exams that lead to certification can be covered as well.
What is the process?
- Choose a primary training provider (grant administrator) to write and administer your grant. Cyber Academy of Shreveport is an approved primary training provider.
- Your primary will lead you through the needs-analysis and application process.
- Await approval from LWC and contracting through OCR. Typical turnaround time once LWC receives an application is 6 months. Contracting usually takes 3 months.
- Train your employees. Grants are awarded for 1 year.
- Training providers are reimbursed upon completion of training only.
Cyber Academy as a Primary Training Provider:
Cyber Academy is an authorized primary training provider for the Incumbent Worker Training Program (IWTP). We have extensive experience writing and administering IWTP grants as well as working with other authorized training providers to create a customized training grant for your company. We will be happy to provide you with a presentation that will detail the grant process and our experiences.
Cyber Academy as a Sub-Contractor:
Cyber Academy also serves as a sub-contractor for grants administered by other primary training providers.
A formal IWTP quote for our training services can be obtained by contacting your Account Executive at (318) 424-3866. All quotes must be signed and distributed by our Grant Administrator directly to your Primary training provider.
Visit www.laworks.net for more information about the Incumbent Worker Training Program - Customized Training.
Small Business Employee Training Program (SBET) Grant
The Small Business Employee Training Grant (SBET) is designed to benefit businesses and industry that have 1-50 employees on staff needing publicly scheduled training. This training must take place in the state of Louisiana and assist in skill development of existing employees resulting in job retention.
How the grant works:
- Employers are reimbursed for tuition once the training has been completed and proper documentation has been submitted to the Louisiana Workforce Commission.
- Training costs cannot exceed $3,000 per trainee per state fiscal year (July 1 - June 30). Employers can renew their grant every fiscal year.
- Cyber Academy is an authorized training provider under the Small Business Employee Training Program. This grant requires the employer to apply online.
- Directions to apply online
Our courses are approved for both the Incumbent Worker Training Program and the Small Business Employee Training Grant. Contact our Grant Administrator, Stephanie Sanders (318) 424-3866 ext. 216 for a course catalog and program information.